[AT] Allis Model C handle a Rotobailer

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Wed Oct 23 11:47:47 PDT 2019

I think a C would run the roto-baler. Not as fun as with live power but
possible. My dad ran an IH 45 baler for many years, including a lot of
custom work, with an IH Super C and that did not have live power. My
uncle, who was a little behind the times, ran an AC Roto-baler for
several years with a Farmall F-20 and that for sure did not have live
power. I was not aware that an engine option was available for the
Roto-baler, but about 60 years ago my uncles on the other side of the
family put a Ford engine from a Model A on their Roto-baler and ran it
that way. My uncles on my mothers side were always careless and did
stupid things and I was little but remember my dad being mad at them. He
did not have his own baler yet and hired my uncles to bale 20 acres that
he had cut and raked. Being careless they had lost the gas cap and
instead of getting a new one they stuffed an old rag in the tank. Well,
it fell in and got sucked into the fuel system and they spent all day
trying to clean it out while my dads hay sat and it was to ran that
night; I was too little to remember if it rained or not. I always
thought roto-bales were neat so 5 or 6 years ago I bought one. A guy my
brother knows had bought it at auction for junk price; he already had
one but did not want to see it scraped. One day he was talking to my
brother about the baler and my brother mentioned I was looking for one.
I bought it for the same price the guy paid for it as he just wanted it
to be used. I no longer have any livestock so each year I bale about 50
bales of straw and give them to a neighbor for his horses. I don't
charge him because as I told him I do it for fun and just want someone
to get the bales off the field.
              Greg Hass