[AT] Allis Model C handle a Rotobailer

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Thu Oct 24 04:48:14 PDT 2019

I don't think we ever even tried running the Roto-Baler with a tractor
not having live power...typically we used a JD 730 or 620, either of
which had absolutely no problem powering the machine.

My dad used to say "We never went to the field without having some kind
of a failure with that baler. But then, we almost never failed to finish
the job in spite of that."

I have to admit I got a bit spoiled about being able to fix machinery -
my grandfather was pretty much a natural-born mechanic (would have made
one hell of a mech engineer if there had been enough money for him to go
to college like his brothers) and my dad, trained as an engineer, was
nearly as good. We only took really big repairs or warranty work to a
shop. A little bit of that did rub off on me, though not as much as I
would have liked.

Mark J