[AT] OT war on poison ivy

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 07:08:04 PST 2019

This is a product made for treating the rash.

https://www.teclabsinc.com/products/poison-oak-ivy/tecnu-rash-relief

Steve Offiler AT List member Mechanical Engineer <soffiler at gmail.com>; Like Chuck Saunders, I too have realized the active ingredient in Tecnu is mineral spirits.  And I have tried using mineral spirits from the workshop on poison ivy.  I learned the hard way that Tecnu has some other ingredients that make it easier on the skin.  My experiment with straight mineral spirits caused additional inflammation and made the PI discomfort worse.  I might just have sensitive skin... while I use mineral spirits routinely at home and work for cleaning/degreasing, I always wear nitrile gloves.