[AT] Honey Locust

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 06:51:10 PST 2019

When I'm tackling my autumn olive, I am dressed and mentally prepared for
the multiflora rose thorns that I will also encounter - they tend to grow
together in my area.  I barely notice the AO thorns.  There's a picture of
an AO thorn in the link below.  They are somewhat blunt and not terribly
numerous.  Again, that's my experience after more than a decade eradicating
clumps of AO and MFR numbering many dozen, probably hundreds.  But I would
not be surprised to learn of subspecies elsewhere with somewhat different
characteristics.

SO