[AT] Oliver's decline was Nice Tractor Day

magreer67 magreer67 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:50:43 PST 2019

Probably rear ends. I know we had to go through the rear end in my FIL's 190XT about 25 years ago.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: John Slavin <chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net> Date: 11/13/19  4:19 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: at at lists.antique-tractor.com Subject: Re: [AT] Oliver's decline was Nice Tractor Day I would agree with Jason on this one.  Although I don’t know anything about the financials or sales numbers, during the period before the acquisition, back when Allis was building the 190XTs, there were a lot of farmers in my area that had problems behind the engine.  I don’t remember if it was transmissions or rear ends.  I suspect it was due people turning up the horsepower to pull ever larger tillage equipment, but in any event a whole lot of Allis farmers I knew went green or red after that fiasco.  The new series after that seemed to be quite a bit better, but the market share had already taken a hit, I suspect.John S.Allis had one foot in the grave before Deutz signed on.On Wed, Nov 13, 2019, 8:37 AM Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net> wrote:Sounds like the Deutz-Allis screwup.   Allis Chalmers was into a lotmore than farm equipment, and built very reliable products. Deutz ruinedit...Cecil