[AT] Osages to maples

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 8 01:01:05 PST 2019

I SAW a small compact track loader with a horizontal axis shredder (think reel mower) parked off to one side of the freeway in western Michigan. It had obviously shredded up an area of standing brush and left behind almost no residue except the small diameter (right size to poke holes in tires) stumps.  Now if they had a stump grinder attachment for that same little beast, the stumps could be gone also.

http://machines-at-work.com/bobcat-t-770-skidsteer-tracked-loader-with-bandit-forestry-mulcher-demo.html

Mike M AT List member <meulenms at gmx.com> ; <snip> The question I had was all those little scrub bushes that leave little stubs about 3" above the ground . How to you get rid of those, so the grass can fill in and it doesn't wreck your mower? Or are those just vines hanging off the trees? <snip>

.