[AT] Diesel rated oi/ Gasoline powered engine?

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Sun May 26 12:08:34 PDT 2019

There wasn’t much if any zinc additives in motor oil until the 1950s, probably late 50s.  Tractor engines had already been getting along fine without it.  The die-hards that insisted on non-detergent oil never had any zinc in their oil.  Honestly, anything you find today labeled “motor oil” will be better than that.

You should keep fairly close to the original viscosity recommendations.

Jim Becker