[AT] Russian Metric uses BSPP

bloomis at charter.net bloomis at charter.net
Sun May 12 19:28:25 PDT 2019

Metric motors, i.e. Euro manufacture use those odd metric/BSP threads on the
peckerheads. ABB, heck, I can't even remember who all the makers are.
Fortunately McMaster sells cord grips for the motors. Otherwise it's a hack
job. And most metric motors don't wire with rigid conduit or flex fittings
anyway, multiconductor flex cable so the cord grips are OK. McMaster sells
the multiconductor wire as well. It actually is easy as pie if it in a
installation where it isn't going to be an issue. Just 10 more things to
have around. Just look at Baldor or ABB for metric motors. It's a whole new
world. All in KW not HP.
Bradford