[AT] towing tractors with a pickup

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 06:57:52 PDT 2019

(Steve W. said)
"I used to stay on the tractor to steer as the tricycle front didn't track
very well."

The tow bars I made for the M series Farmalls  attached to the accessory
front hitch plate. Since the M series front pedestal all pivots from the
front bolster shaft that gives the tow bar complete control over the
steering.
For a tractor with the shaft turning inside of the front pedestal with the
bearing at the bottom of the pedestal I would feel more comfortable using a
cart tow dolly than trying too tow from the mud scraper mounts.
I found a picture of a tractor tow dolly... The plate on the front hitch
frame is the loading ramp. The ones I recall just had a short ramp welded
on the back that cleared the ground about 4". I recall seeing one that had
spring suspension.
One of these will handle about any tricycle tractor.