[AT] OT Weather

joehardy joehardy at epix.net
Thu Mar 7 18:38:34 PST 2019

Ralph, sold off some time ago my small beef herd.  Now at 78, I'm giving myself a 5 year window of disposing my equipment. It's all 40's to 70's vintage but served me well. Met many interesting people as I continued to keep them operational. I worry now that no one has need for what I have to part with. For me, it would be so sad to take a torch, & cut them up and haul to the scrap yard. I hate a farm auction because it's like a funeral. I'm in good health and continue to use my farm experiences to help others in my community. I'm so surprised to discover how little the general public knows about growing anything. Its unfortunate how little regard the general public has for our struggling farmers! Sorry for the rambling...Joe Hardisky Ryman Farm, Dallas, PAI

-------- Original message --------From: Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net> Date: 3/7/19  8:35 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: at at lists.antique-tractor.com Subject: Re: [AT] OT Weather
On 3/7/2019 12:51 PM, Indiana Robinson wrote:

> I have now abandoned my 30 year plans...  :-)   I only get serious
> about 5 year planning now. I intend to stay active "by damn" and not
> always take the easy road. It doesn't much matter what I am doing as
> long as I keep doing. Too many of my old classmates that I stay in
> contact with are just sitting around and are barely active at all.

Even at 65 I am seeing way too many my age lately dying off. I guess its
one reason I keep my "expensive pets" (cattle) as it gives me a reason
to get out of the house

in the winter time.  I doubt I make much if any money on them but the
exercise is worth something. Fencing and haying in the non winter months
is an extra chore. If

I was to pay myself a wage I guess I'd be losing money.

Feeding hay in -30 wind chill factors some days makes me question the
sanity of keeping on with it though.

https://youtu.be/7T1zi8NeQWg

Ralph in Sask.

---