[AT] OT Weather

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Mar 8 05:26:47 PST 2019

Joe:
I have bought many plows at arm auctions to same then from the
scrappers.   I get so mad when the scrappers drag out the torches at a
sale before the auctioneer has finished.  I would think they should have
more respect for the farmers and the equipment.   I bought my 2 Owatonna
swathers last year and the only other bidder was a scrapper.   i bought
a spare header from them before they loaded it on the truck.  What
really gripes me is they do not save anything.  The P TO shafts can be
used for other equipment, the bearings, shafting, wheels...   They just
load it and it goes to a bigger yard that has 6 or 7 guys with cutting
torches.
It brings tears to my eyes.  I remember when we worked our butts off to
rebuild the stuff on the dealers back lot...
Cecil