[AT] Eagle Hitch not Draft Control

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 9 18:50:33 PST 2019

Ferguson used the term “draft control” when he applied for the patent. Looks like Case used the term for their Eagle Hitch but did not actually have “draft control”

https://www.harryfergusonlegacy.com/pages/brief-life-summary.php?itemid=25  YEAR 1925

[link]A company called Ferguson-Sherman Incorporated is set up to manufacture ploughs in Evansville, New York State.

The patent known as draft control is applied for on February 12th.[end link] The link may have an error.

Looks like a case of Caveat Emptor. The articles mention that a newly acquired Case subsidiary covertly bought a tractor with the Ferguson system to copy.

[Indiana Robinson] This might get long... I enjoyed the link in Jim Peck's post comparing the Farmall H and the Case SC but one comment threw me a little.
" By 1949, the company had introduced a proprietary draft control hitch (the Eagle Hitch), "

<snip> Now I have never owned or even driven an SC Case (I do have a VAC Case) but my wife can verify that over the years I have seriously drooled over many "Chicken Roost" SC Case tractors. Unless I have overlooked something truly important I just don't consider the SC version of the Case Eagle Hitch to be a "Draft Control" hitch... A "draft control hitch" needs to be more than just a lift up and down. It needs to have a draft sensing system... I've never seen that on a Case SC... Have I just missed it?<snip>

Here is a link to a Case sales item on PDF. If the link doesn't work let me know and I'll try another route.
file:///C:/Users/FRANCI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Case%20SC%20folder.pdf

aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com<mailto:robinson46176 at gmail.com>