[AT] Sad times

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 24 17:15:00 PDT 2019

On 7/24/2019 4:30 PM, Greg Hass wrote:
> Had to take a trip to a town 20 miles from here today. Decided to
> bring back roads home; pasted many old barns some falling down, some
> being kept up. You could tell from the old milk houses that many had
> been dairy farms. Many old silos, a lot with the blower pipes still
> up. All are now a part of the past, a past that will never come back.
> Many memories came to mine of how it used to be, farms all over with
> small herds of cattle and the family making a living. My dad was able
> to raise 6 kids and send most to college on 160 acres; my mother never
> worked off the farm- she never worked on the farm either but thats a
> whole other story. Now we have several farms in the county that milk
> over 5000 cows.

I lived through those good times too and its sad to see them gone. Most
obvious here is the disappearance of the wooden grain elevators and the
rail lines that brought life to every

little town here. Maybe each generation sees the same thing in the loss
of the way of life they knew.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com