[AT] List quiet!! Everyone OK, or just waterlogged??? --> Lug bolts, JD A

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Jul 2 14:15:42 PDT 2019

I have had a lot of luck with MAPP torches. Much hotter than propane, and much safer and easier to use than oxy acetylene sets. If I remember correctly it’s heat content is similar to acetylene tho flame temperature is lower.  Or maybe that’s vice-versa.  I’m sure there are several folks on this list who know this type of information off the top of their heads and can chime in.

If the metal is really huge then the MAPP torch might not be enough. But I can get some pretty big chunks of steel cherry red with MAPP.  My haywagon slip tube was the only project in recent memory that made me wish I had an oxy-acetylene outfit.

https://www.truevalue.com/professional-on-demand-map-pro-torch

Spencer Yost