[AT] OK, oddball question...

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 19:44:41 PDT 2019

One of my "old tractors" is IIRC about a 1996 Club Car 36 volt golf cart.
With chevron tires (like tractor rears) they will get around well and will
pull a lawn trailer about anywhere. I try to not over do it but I have in a
pinch pulled one of my smaller tractors a very short distance or for a
quick pull start.
It is as I said a 36 volt one using six 6 volt deep cycle batteries.
Now for the question... Hoping that some are better at theory etc. than I
am. It's been a long hot day and my brain is in granny gear and I can't
find what I want on-line. There are a number of golf cart accessories that
operate on 12 volts like the back-up alarm, radio, lights, fan etc. You can
pull 12 volts from any 2 adjoining batteries. I have read that you
shouldn't draw too hard from any one pair or they will not always recharge
evenly but apparently if those two do drop some power there is some
balancing from the other batteries. Supposedly they try to find a common
level with the weakest battery. (shrug)
What I want to know  is what would be happening if I were to connect a 12
volt alternator powered by a very small gasoline engine to feed 12 volts to
the center 2 batteries? Would it move to the other batteries some?
Sometimes when we are working horse fences a lot we get might get a bit low
on go juice when back in a back corner of the farm especially if running in
deep snow. Not this week.  :-)
I fed the question into my boiled brain and it came back "error 404, page
not found"...  :-)

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"