[AT] R134a

bloomis at charter.net bloomis at charter.net
Sat Jan 12 11:46:15 PST 2019

In the early 90s. Part of the reason I left the commercial refrigeration
trade. The transition from fluorocarbons to all the alphabet soup of
refrigerants today was a real pain. Went to Ammonia refrigeration. Much
easier. I still have a 30# of R-12. Well I guess it's a 29.5 since I
recharged my daughter's Saab long ago. 134a is crap. Contractors made a lot
of money replacing compressors. Auto A/C worked way worse. But autos were
the chief culprit of refrigerant into the atmosphere. Not the ice machine
with 1000lb charges, but the how ever many hundred million leaky autos.
Bradford