[AT] Old tractor question

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 13 14:26:58 PST 2019

On 2/13/2019 4:23 PM, Greg Hass wrote:
> This is a question I have wondered about for years although it is not
> world changing. The question is: why are some areas mostly wide front
> and others narrow front tractors?
>            Greg Hass

The only narrow front tractors we saw here was during the tractor
shortage post WWII. Dealers were bringing in whatever form of tractor
they could get from all over America

because they knew they could sell them. My uncles actually acquired a
DC3 Case but bought a conversion kit to make it wide front. Later they
got a Farmall M, also wide front

but also likely imported during the tractor shortage. No need for narrow
front or adjustable axles here in those days. Or now either for that
matter. No row crops here.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com