[AT] [External] Old tractor question

Gunnells, Brad R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:32:33 PST 2019

I don't have an exact answer but I think this discussion has come up before and part of the theory was adapting wide fronts to different row spacings. But as you said, for mounted pickers and such a narrow front had advantages.

I have a few tractors, a couple with narrow fronts and a couple with wide. The one advantage with the narrow front is the sharp turning ability. There are times where that really comes in handy. The wide front however is a bit softer over bumpy ground as the pivot helps take away some of the bumps where the narrow front tends to bounce more.

Just my opinion.
Brad