[AT] fuel gelling and water line repair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Feb 11 07:23:34 PST 2019

My long time fuel supplier who served a lot of the oil patch was bought
out by a big fuel vendor out of Amarillo.  This new guy wanted to get
the large contracts.  It appears they are cutting corners.  I never had
the problem with my fuel before.    However, there is more biodiesel in
the fuel now, and since no sulfur, there is not much for
lubrication....    Fuel conditioner is not cheap, but neither is time
and runnig the risk of damaging a machine with ether.  I ended up
soaking the air cleaner with gasoline to get it running.  That is how I
get a diesel to st at that has run out of fuel...  A rag and gas over
the air intake....
Cecil