[AT] fuel gelling and water line repair

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 11 06:26:12 PST 2019

On 2/11/2019 7:59 AM, Cecil Bearden wrote:

> Spent 7 hours on Friday getting the E110B Cat excavator running.

Oh the fun of cold winters! I had my first episode of frozen water line
just this weekend. Luckily it was an easy fix. It has happened in other
winters after sustained

below normal cold spells so I have a system. We have been well below
normal temps for well over a week now. Warmed up to about -8F this
morning but with a Southeast

wind and clouds it is colder than the past days of -30F. Those frosty
days with sunshine and no winds were actually not bad. I even shot some
video for youtube going about

my daily chores. https://youtu.be/r1F7rqyvFt8

I'm always surprised to hear the diesel gelling problems you have in the
South country. Our fuel suppliers have winter fuel in the tanks when the
weather starts turning cold.

I got caught with summer fuel in two tractors so I did have to add some
"thinner", a product called Polar Max, to the tanks and they have been
fine.

Still looking forward to spring...

Ralph in Sask.

---