[AT] Saw safety

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Thu Feb 7 17:38:56 PST 2019

To sort of being this back to tractors, I’ll re-tell a story of stupidity.    I was pulling a very small - like 1.5” - stump  with my Farmall A.   Being a very small stump, I’m sure I was not being a quite as careful as I normally would be.  So somehow I got the rope tangled around the rear tool bar lift - well above the axle plane - and didn’t see it.    I am sure that with my 57-year-old reflexes, I would not be here. That thing came flipping over in a split second. Being 32, I was able to get the clutch in before It flipped over and come down with a huge thud on the front axles.

I still nearly wet my pants thinking about that one.

Spencer Yost