[AT] Saw safety

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Feb 7 17:07:40 PST 2019

On 2/7/2019 6:27 PM, Dean Vinson wrote:
>    If you ever find yourself tempted to mix ladders and chainsaws, I
> hope you’re wiser than I was.
>
> Dean Vinson
>
> Saint Paris, OH

Been there and done something even dumber years ago. I was up the ladder
and standing on a branch of the tree. I was smart enough to not carry
the running

saw up the ladder but then of course I had to start it once I was up
there. I guess the branch was not as strong as it looked because it
snapped under me as I pulled the recoil start

and sent me and the (still not running) chain saw falling to the ground.
I don't think it was more than ten feet and some of the protruding
branches might have slowed my fall.

I survived with some badly bruised ribs and a bent bar on the chain saw.
Even typing these words I can't believe I was ever that foolish and
lived to tell the tale.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com