[AT] How had the group changed

Alan Nadeau reloader1968 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:24:17 PST 2019

I originally joined in 1994, Hank Wessel put me onto this group after I
sent a letter to the folks at Green Magazine inquiring as to whether there
was any Internet group for those of us into old iron.  I had put my phone
number in that message and one evening I got a call from Hank who made me
aware of ATIS.  Linda and I visited Hank and Jaqui (sp) quite often until
he retired and they moved to Ohio.

Also spent many pleasant times with Cecil & Lucile, great folks who we were
blessed to be able to call friends.

Somewhere along the line I swapped IPs and never quite got around to
re-upping from the new IP.  It was during that blank time that Cecil M left
us.  I still regret that lapse.

I was one of the box passers, in fact the box the manuals ended up in was
one I made.

I hauled a couple tractors for Spencer.  IIRC, both of them came out of
Canada, one was a M-H out of Ontario and one was a Ferguson TO or TO-E that
I took to Fort Wayne Indiana after picking it up in Quebec, IIRC again.

Along about 1997 I met Francis Robinson and spent part of an afternoon with
him & Diana(I hope I got her name right).  Linda and I stopped by there
again sometime in the early 2000s.

A few years ago Cecil Beardon was passing through and we met him and his
wife for lunch.

The Robinsons passed right through my town 2-3 years ago, maybe more.
Turns out that their daughter lives 1 1/2 towns over from us.

Haven't done much long distance traveling for quite a while now, just can't
tolerate long hours behind the wheel anymore.  I do miss it!

Once again I swapped IPs and was relegated to being a lurker.  I just
rectified that last week so I can finally post instead of hiding in the
shadows.

Al Nadeau