[AT] CNG tractor hauling truck

HERBERT METZ metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sun Dec 1 13:36:18 PST 2019

In late 1980's there was considerable conversion effort by the CNG companies; fleet vehicle companies such as universities were one of the potential customers. Several of us at Indiana Univ. were invited to test drive one of the demo cars; so I volunteered and drive a car a lap around the Indianapolis 500 Speedway. Our Transportation Director opposed the project because he expected too many infrequent users would not observe posted instructions to flip the auxiliary switch from CNG to gasoline. Herb(GA)