[AT] Antique tractors that are too expensive (now welders)

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Mon Dec 23 08:41:35 PST 2019

I think there may be some confusion over using the term 'tombstone". I believe that the "real" tombstone (the desirable one that goes for a high price) is the Idealarc that Cecil mentioned. It has a elliptical or oval shaped top of the housing and is probably 3 feet tall when sitting on the floor. It has a crank to change the amperage.
The 225 was/is available in AC only or AC/DC. It has a flat top with two 45 deg corners. They are only about 2 feet tall. The AC version I used from $25 to $200 or so. They still sell new for $300 or so. The AC/DC version is more desirable and don't come up for sale as often, but can probably be bought in the $200-400 range. Some people might think these look like a tombstone.

Todd MarkleSpring Mills, Pa.