[AT] Bison tractor was OT stamping press pits

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:26:25 PST 2019

A man yesterday was telling of a relative who had a Bison tractor with a single front wheel. This was near Punxsutawney, PA.

James AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); Steve Offiler has mentioned Jay Leno. One of Jay's comedy routines has to do with the Scottish immigrant side of his family background. Jay shares that with a currently prominent US public figure whose mother was a Scottish immigrant.

However, I wonder what design professionals were involved in Jay Leno's auto restoration facility.

Aaron Dickinson AT List Member and soda blastor (a_dickinson at att.net); I suspect most service pits are shallow enough to not require a geotechnical report, however any building project’s foundation design (including service pits) is based on soil bearing capacity (at residential level often done by visual or typical for area). When it doubt build for the lesser bearing.

James AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com);  I believe Cecil mentioned he was involved with things geotechnical. This talks about having a geotechnical report before designing a stamping press pit.

https://www.stampingjournal-digital.com/stampingjournal/20191112/MobilePagedReplica.action?pm=1&folio=26#pg26

I wonder if such a report is used in designing tractor dealership service shops.