[AT] Rope operated clutch lever on John Deere 12-A combine with LUC engine

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 20:55:56 PDT 2019

Does anyone else recall this mechanism? A new 12-A came to the farm about
1952 and I ran it a lot over the next 8 years. I was always kind of
impressed by the way the clutch lever operated and thought of a possible
application for one but have about searched myself silly trying to even
find a picture of one. I don't even know what name to use for the
mechanical concept. As I recall it, it used a small rotating advancing
captive triangle to lock / release the lever when you pulled the rope (or
worked the lever by hand when standing at the engine to change from the
separator to the unloading auger).
I've hunted pictures of this before but never found anything.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA