[AT] enduring troubleshooting technique

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 25 17:57:37 PDT 2019

Many years ago I took a Certified Electronic Technician review course as a non-credit offering at a nearby 4 year  university. The man teaching the course had an MSEE and owned a TV repair business.

What I took away from this course was the admonition that customers will not pay for parts that do not fix their equipment. They would only pay for the part that fixed the equipment. You were always to devise a diagnostic test that proved the bad component. That is easier said than done.

Consumer Electronics repair places are far fewer now than then and the organization behind the CET may likely be defunct, but that strategy remains true.  I bet it applies to Ag Equipment repair as well.