[AT] tire brand

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:45:33 PDT 2019

It is from the MH line.

[Cecil Bearden] Was that a 303 or a 203?.  If it was the 3 cyl Perkins diesel,  it was a 203, an industrial version of the MF50D.  It came out with R Industrial tires.   The 202 was a Gas version, the 204 was the gas version with a torque converter and reverser, and the 205 was the diesel version of the torque converter drive.

James Peck] The April 2019 issue of Massey Harris Ferguson Legacy Quarterly has a yellow MHF 303 work bull on the cover.  It has 23o tires. I personally like the look of them. I wonder what tires the machine was sold new with.

Subscriber, Massey Harris Ferguson LEGACY Quarterly

1-740-536-7345

http://www.legacyquarterly.com/

[ James Peck]Firestone claim they introduced the 23o design in 1950.

https://commercial.firestone.com/en-us/agriculture/solutions/traction/23-degree

[ deanvp] Did a quick search. Firestone advertised better road life and slightly better traction. But 45's were better on side hills. And shed mud better

[ deanvp] I can only offer my limited experience with the two. The 45 degree lug sheds mud better but the 23 degree lug offers slightly better traction

[ Mike M]What's the difference between 45 and 23 degree, other that the obvious?

.