[AT] [External] Re: tire tools was brand

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 04:56:36 PDT 2019

Brad, and Jim:

Picture attached.  Mine attaches to the *inside* of the valve stem, core
removed.  The Slime branded tool attaches to the *outside* and the problem
with that is the fact that the hole in the rim has to be large enough for
the tool to fit through.  On the other hand, mine works even  on rims where
the hole is just barely larger than the valve stem (example, motorcycles).
Admittedly, if you are installing tubes into formerly tubeless setups, the
hole in the rim is going to be larger, and the Slime tool works fine.  The
first one I built was just like the Slime tool, using a metal cap and
attaching to the outside of the valve stem, and it was fine on wheelbarrow
and lawnmower wheels but I had to modify it when I first did a motorcycle
tube.

SO