[AT] OT x-raying trucks was towing tractors with a pickup

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Apr 1 16:26:28 PDT 2019

James Peck wrote:
> I once was involved with the installation of some x-ray equipment at
> southern US border crossings. It pulled the front wheels of
> tractor-semi trailer combinations at a measured speed and a turning
> x-ray head took x-rays in slices and computer reassembled them into a
> full image of the truck and cargo. I do not know of those machines
> are still in use or if all the dope is coming in through the
> Colombian drug smuggling submarines.
>
> I once saw a Chevy Celebrity with the interior ripped out and a big
> pile of green bricks sitting on the ground next to it as I crossed
> back into the US.

Those are still up at many of the border crossings. They have also
expanded them to cars at some. Not so much for drugs as human cargo with
the trucks. With the cars it's more to see if the spaces between the
panels are filled with things that shouldn't be there.
I always thought it would be fun to get some lead oxide primer and paint
a few choice comments down the sides under the outer paint....

--
Steve W.