[AT] OT x-raying trucks was towing tractors with a pickup

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 03:14:41 PDT 2019

I once was involved with the installation of some x-ray equipment at southern US border crossings. It pulled the front wheels of tractor-semi trailer combinations at a measured speed and a turning x-ray head took x-rays in slices and computer reassembled them into a full image of the truck and cargo. I do not know of those machines are still in use or if all the dope is coming in through the Colombian drug smuggling submarines.

I once saw a Chevy Celebrity with the interior ripped out and a big pile of green bricks sitting on the ground next to it as I crossed back into the US.

[Farmer] <snip> Indiana has the same drug problems as everyplace else but there is a huge amount of drugs that just cross the state, mostly from the south-east to the north. Almost all big cross country drug bust here are made out on the interstate highways or near an interchange and they are almost all because the driver did something really stupid like running more than 10 MPH over the limit or running a stop sign. The other dumb attack is the same one that nabs many drunk drivers, driving too slow...  <snip>