[AT] FW: towing tractors with a pickup

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Mon Apr 1 03:57:27 PDT 2019

Brad, the sections of US101 I was towing on were from Geyserville to San
Rafael and San Jose to Gilroy, also on Interstate 80, 880 and 280 from
Vallejo to San Jose so it was rural, then suburban then urban then more
urban, then semi-rural again.... It was a fascinating drive especially
as much of it was in rush hour traffic too. Now it would be even more
challenging as traffic is 50% to 10X what it was then.
      I have also towed many pieces of farm machinery on US101 in the
Salinas Valley and of course locally. One of the more interesting tows
was a potato digger behind my Ford 4610 over Panoche Pass (2300+ feet)
to our other location. That trip of 50 miles or so was a slow one and
engine braking was VERY important to make it safely. On that same road
one time I lost a tire while pulling a fully loaded trailer of sprinkler
pipe and the trailer got destroyed, but I was not injured even though
the pickup needed a new bed.
               Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer of vegetables,
edible flowers, herbs and nuts