[AT] off topic parts chaser out of commission

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jan 7 13:19:15 PST 2018

I have a very good atty and her partner handles car wrecks.  I think it
is better to have an atty you know you can trust.  This lady has handled
a very messy estate of my Dad's and we came out fine...

Oklahoma has this stupid law they passed about 2 years ago that if a car
is totaled it must go to salvage.   No buy backs.   This had to 3.8L
engine and the transmission was good.   We once had it loaded with a lot
of parts in the back and 2 rolls of baler wrap in the middle and it
still had power.  My wife loves the chrysler mini vans...  and she
literally loved this one..  It was owned by a small eastern OK junior
college and only used by the president.   I had to put a battery and
alternator in it the day we picked it up.   I found the shop that
maintained it to put the alternator on it...  A real conscientious
mechanic and he told me what had been done regularly to maintain the
car...  it only had 77000 miles when we got it...  She has put 70000 on
it in 27 months.   Never used a bit of oil...

Cecil