[AT] off topic parts chaser out of commission

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 7 10:46:02 PST 2018

Cecil, glad you guys are OK!

  Let me just throw out some unsolicited advice based on personal
experience. I totaled 2 brand new full sized trucks within 7 weeks back
in 2015. First was a head on collision, other car crossed centerline.
Second we were sitting to make a left turn and a guy claimed he fell
asleep in the middle of the afternoon and rear ended us. Wife required
neck surgery, but her symptoms did not begin for about 2-3 weeks after
the wreck. Be real careful what you say to anyone and most likely you
are going to need a lawyer to handle the "mess". Replacing the car is
easy. Its the medical bills, lingering health problems, and the
aggravation you have to go through that is an absolute mess. The other
guys insurance company can't be trusted--they tried to get my employer
to settle for the cost of the truck ONLY (the trucks I was driving were
owned by my employer)---no medical or injury claims to anyone. It's been
2 1/2 years and we are getting close to settling or filing a
lawsuit---we have 3 yrs in NC. We aren't trying to get rich, just want
compensation for all our medical bills and troubles. I now have neck
pain every day. Fortunately we had enough money that we could pay the
thousands in medical bills that our health insurance did not cover.
Folks that do not often rush to settle and don't get what they deserve.
Get a folder for you and your wife and start filing away bills. It took
2 years just to get the medical bills straight! Your mail box will be
full of lawyer advertisements within a week If you are like us, 90% of
them will not take you on.

John Hall