[AT] reply to Spencer's 430V update and my new MTZ tractor..

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 11 18:24:08 PST 2018

On 2/11/2018 8:11 PM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> Spencer:
>
> Just my $0.02  When lubricating a boden cable (choke wire )  I use
> Kroil with silicone.  It will flush out the crud like you did with
> yours, and then leave a silicone coating that won't gun up and makes
> it so smooth operating you won't believe how easy it works.    This
> works great on those big long PTO shift cables.  I also have used it
> on the cables that work my remote hydraulic valves on my New Holland
> TS110 money pit...
>
> As to the quiet list, I have noticed that also    It is now 20 deg
> with a 20mph North wind here.  Since I am on the highest point in the
> county, and nothing between me and Ralph but a barb wire fence, I have
> retreated to the house..

Pretty cold here in Sask. Cecil with wind chill factors down near -40F
at times. That is below normal even for us! I fired up the furnace in
the workshop a day or two
so I could do a bit of work on the Merc. Still no movement on the flathead.
I like your idea on the cable lubrication. Have to see it they have that
stuff here as I have two tractors (Case) with cable shifts that could
use some lubrication to
smooth out their operation.
Good luck with your new Belarus.

Ralph in Sask.