[AT] reply to Spencer's 430V update and my new MTZ tractor..

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Feb 11 18:11:19 PST 2018

Spencer:

Just my $0.02  When lubricating a boden cable (choke wire )  I use Kroil
with silicone.  It will flush out the crud like you did with yours, and
then leave a silicone coating that won't gun up and makes it so smooth
operating you won't believe how easy it works.    This works great on
those big long PTO shift cables.  I also have used it on the cables that
work my remote hydraulic valves on my New Holland TS110 money pit...

As to the quiet list, I have noticed that also    It is now 20 deg with
a 20mph North wind here.  Since I am on the highest point in the county,
and nothing between me and Ralph but a barb wire fence, I have retreated
to the house..

I need to finish installing the loader on my new tractor.  It is an
MTZ/Belarus 1220  120hp w/ cab and loader.  It had a clutch adjustment
problem and the first dealer sent the flywheel out for surfacing ( a new
tractor with 3 hours!!! ) and forgot to install the pilot bearing back
in the flywheel when they put it back together.   I found an
independent shop  about 100 mi away  who would split the tractor for
less than $1000.  The guy is a great mechanic, I could do it myself, but
I can trust this guy, and it is a lot easier for me to haul the tractor
and pay the labor than to clean out the shop and split the tractor..
The MTZ company paid for the repair under warranty and furnished the
parts and also an input shaft to align the clutch.  If anyone needs a
new tractor, I cannot say enough good about these tractors.   They are
about 1/2 price of the major lines, and so simple.  The cab is roomy,
the heater and the air conditioner work great,  the loader is heavy, the
frame, not the boom is made of 1inch plate!   120 hp 4WD w/loader for
less than $70K MSRP.  It is a big amount, but the cost per horsepower is
1/2 of the big guys.   It has 16 forward gears and the range selector is
set up with the working gear across from Reverse, so you can use the
range selector as a shuttle.  It has synchronized gears, but no
hydraulic shift.  The PTO and 4WD are both electric actuated, with the
solenoid valves outside where they can be repaired.   24V start, 12V run...

I guess you guys can tell I am sorta excited about this.

I got a new tractor and  my wife got a new car..  That's how it works......

Cecil in OKla