[AT] ATIS List changes

Spencer Yost syost at triad.rr.com
Sun Feb 11 08:55:09 PST 2018

Sorry the list has been down for several days.   I just realized last night (thanks Ralph for sending me the bounce message!) that something was amiss. I wish I could blame someone else but this appears to be all my fault. Details below.   Since I was close to finishing, I just sped up the final changes rather than fix it.  So the AT list is now running on the new server.

As alluded to a few months ago, some changes are underway here at ATIS. I am moving the services up to the cloud and deprecating the server here at my house.  Several important details:

1:The password for your account could not be moved. So when you were subscribed to the new list you were sent a message. This message includes your new password.

2:The individual brand specific mailing lists (Iie like the Farmall list), have been discontinued. Those subscribers were moved over to the main list. I suspect some of them didn't even know they were still on a list since these other lists were pretty quiet. So expect a small flurry of "get me off " messages.  No one was doubly subscribed, so don't worry about getting two copies if you happened to be on the main list and the specialty list.

3:Depending on how recently tried to send a message to list, and how your ISP handles namespace changes; a new message may not go through for 1 to 3 days.    Most of you should be able to post right away.

4:Archives of old messages will take a while to move.

Please email directly at yostsw at atis.net directly with any concerns.  Thanks again for your patience

Outage details:  One of these changes involved a partial movement of the domain name so that I could begin setting it up without disrupting the list. Unfortunately the entire domain name space moved, including the subdomain that the mailing list runs under.  I was under the impression the subdomain the lists operate under would not move until I activated the lists. But that is not the case and activated just to soon as I created a list.

Spencer Yost

Spencer Yost