[AT] Batteries - 6 Volt

LeRoy lep3 at ptd.net
Sun Sep 24 07:15:12 PDT 2017

All,

Finally got a battery that was in stock and paid $110 for it.
Unfortunately, I didn't have the expired battery with me and need to take it
back to get $27 dollars back for the core.

Interesting, that when I initially put the battery on the charger the check
Battery light came on which was the same issue for the other 2 batteries.  I
rechecked everything again and made sure things were clean and reattached
the charger.  This time it registered only charging.  Makes me wonder about
the others but those are definitely 4 or 5 years old.

LeRoy

On 9/16/2017 8:31 AM, LeRoy wrote:
> All.
>
> I had a few batteries stored in my garage that I have been using for
> my
tractors which are outside under tarps.  I went to charge them in order to
start the tractors and 2 of them register check battery on the charger.
This seems to me that the batteries are no good and basically can't be
charged.  Unfortunately I didn't have tenders on these.  They are about 4 or
5 years old which seems a little odd both would be bad.

> Anyway, wonder what the groups thoughts are with batteries like 1)
> proper
storage, 2) maximum battery life expected, 3) best prices to get
replacements,  best places to go to find batteries other than NAPA and 5)
will a tender help in this situation?