[AT] Sorry for the OT post...

Dick Day dickday0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:19:21 PDT 2017

I wish that was the case.  Something got very hot, we could see the smoke
and smell the fumes.  I expected to see the plastic plug destroyed, but it
wasn't.  Maybe that's some sort of safety mechanism.

I am thinking the engine is hosed.  When I wheeled it into my shop, I
drained the oil and let it go through a fine mesh strainer.  I found one
piece of metal in the first little bit that came out.  I closed the drain
and added 1.5 quarts of oil and shook the engine pretty good, hoping to
stir up any pieces that may have settled to the bottom.  I opened the drain
and just a trickle came out.   Not sure where the oil is going but it's
sure not going out the drain.

I'll look at it again tonight.

Thanks for all of the ideas/suggestions.