[AT] OT- Cornwell Tools

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:12:59 PDT 2017

Thanks for all the replies guys. Just to re-state: This is my son in law
making this decision, not me.

I'd done my research on the tools and understand they are good, quality
tools- some of the last still made in USA. My concern comes from statistics
such as 30% bankruptcy rate for tool-truck businesses, which is quite high.
I also have doubts about his ability to get out and sell himself as he has
not shown this ability to date.

Just normal father-in-law concerns since it is a considerable investment.

It is a little reassuring to hear from you guys that at least the product
is a good one, and that several of you knew of long time successful
operators. He has close connections with two of the local trade schools
mechanics shops, and thinks this will gain him access to a pipeline of
incoming potential customers. My opinion is the young starting mechanics
are going to be visiting swap meets and pawn shops to build their starting
collections- not buying off a tool truck.

I guess time will tell.

Thanks again,
Warren