[AT] OT - Old generator blowing smoke

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:31:07 PDT 2016

Ah-HA!  I've only been reading this thread casually, and this concept of a
self-replenishing crankcase was kind of lost on me.  The pet bowl analogy
just turned on the lightbulb.  But in order to fight against a liquid
seeking its own level, you need the oil contained "uphill" to be in a
completely sealed system.  That's where the tight-fitting cap must have
entered the picture, several messages ago.  Thanks Steve W. for clarifying
this!

SO