[AT] New tech and old tech

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Sep 3 15:51:22 PDT 2016

It's time for the fall overseeing of my orchard grass.   I'm using my late 50s Ford diesel with a new-ish Truex drill.   I rent it from the county Ag Dept. every year.  I mixed a little oats in with my orchard grass this year to see if it keeps the grazing pressure off the orchard grass and improves the grass' longevity.  The oats will die in the hard freeze but by then the orchard grass will be dormant and they won't graze it.

Here is a pic of the rig, with our guardian llama Nigel providing security clearance.  He checks out everything unusual in his pasture.