[AT] Field bindweed or morning glory

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Fri May 27 19:13:43 PDT 2016

Grant,

Great response to Cecil's weed challenge! Namely, "...If the soil is literally dry for long enough all of the plant parts that
are in the dry zone die and recovery if at all will be very slow....."
That's exactly what we found with our mean thistle problem in Missouri years ago. You could hurt the weed (and much else) with Roundup spot treatment, but the only way to make thistle really say uncle was to turn the roots up before a long hot and dry spell and let the sun bake the them dead. This method may be scant help this year for Cecil, though. We are a few hours south of him, and this year is proving to be as wet as former ones have been dry.

Chuck Bealke
Dallas