[AT] Winter is sprung?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 14:54:59 PDT 2016

We had to beef up a couple pieces of equipment when we were farming full
time. The chisel plow had to have reinforcement gussets added to the frame
to repair cracks. The 12 ft cultimulcher basically had to have 1/4" plate
steel added to the entire frame to repair stress cracks. The Deere offset
harrows were heavy duty to start with so no additional frame work was
needed. Same for the plows. However, when they were wore out, it got
expensive to rebuild. No point in buying new if the frames are solid,
tillage tools just wear out. Same for the grain drill. Some days you just
went to the dealer and ordered a truck load of parts. It was a great feeling
to head to the field with a machine that had had all the "business end"
rebuilt.

John Hall