[AT] Somewhat off topic: Pull behind lawn vacs

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Mar 19 16:21:48 PDT 2016

I purchased a Brinly PolyVac  system with a 6 1/2 HP Motor on it, in really
good used condition , here in AZ, disassembled it and transported it back to
WA with my pickup while pulling a 5th wheel to use on my lawn.. I am quite
pleased with it and consider it one of my better buys since a J1993 D 445
Garden tractor with 54" deck and a thatcher came with it, at no additional
cost.  The vacuum is very powerful and handles wet grass even better than I
expected. It is a little clumsy but if one has a small yard it isn't needed.
The only time I was a bit unhappy with it was the first time I used it. I
didn't have a feel for how long I could mow before the wagon became full.
I mowed a few rounds of fairly long spring grass, Stopped to check how full
the wagon was and it was full to the top and the wet grass was packed in
there like it had been baled.  Had a hen of a time getting it unloaded.
After that I checked more often and didn't fill it quite so full and then
unloading was much easier.

http://www.brinly.com/LVS-33BH-lawn-vacuum.html

PS:  I haven't transported the JD 445 Garden Tractor back to WA yet.  I've
turned it into a Garden Tractor Puller and Butt Buggy for the local Antique
Tractor shows.  It wasn't running when I purchased t and looked a bit beat
up.  The reason it wasn't running was a fuse was missing and a little TLC
and it looks and runs pretty darn good now.  Does full pulls in the Garden
Tractor Pulling contests.

Dean VP
Apache Junction, AZ

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.