[AT] Older Tractor Question

ATIS yostsw at atis.net
Thu Jan 28 22:42:52 PST 2016

There is a pump that controls the power steering and I am pretty sure the brakes on these tractors too. As these pumps wear out it will lose their prime when the tractor sits. This will create symptoms like what you describe.   I can't remember the name of it. Something like MCH or MCV pump or something like that.

That vintage of IH tractor is fairly popular in this area and this is a problem I have heard of before.

PS:  There is a way to crack a plug or hose open and speed up the amount of time it takes to prime. But I must admit I've never watched this closely. I couldn't even begin to describe the process.

Spencer Yost