[AT] Speaking of Stuck

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 17 06:55:40 PST 2016

In the mid 50's one summer was very rainy.  We had one spell
while we were harvesting tobacco when it rained every day, almost
all day long for about 2 weeks.  I was only 7 or 8 years old so my memory
of it isn't perfect but we were using a Farmall A and an Allis B to pull the
tobacco "trucks" to the barn.  Late one afternoon the Farmall got stuck
up almost on the top of a ridge in a place I've never seen so wet since.
It spun down to the axle and we left it there overnight thinking we'd get it
out the next morning.  When we went back into the field the next morning
it was sunk in the ground so far that only the seat back, steering wheel and
top of the
hood were visable.  It just sat there and sank.   A couple of days later
after the
rain stopped the men dug out around it and we got a wrecker to pull it up
out of the hole.
I don't remember that there was much if any damage to it other than being
muddy.

Charlie