[AT] Speaking of Stuck

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 16 17:43:25 PST 2016

Last year we had a mess planting wheat. Guys were getting stuck
everywhere. Come June most were wishing they had left the seed in the
bag. Anyway, the 4020 is the biggest tractor we have and I was having to
work around some serious mudholes. I even had to back into a few of them
to plant as much as I could. One pass I went by a wet place doing just
fine, coming back by I thought that Deere was going out of sight. I
looked back and was afraid the drill would self destruct. I knew better
than to stop or we would never get it out without calling in neighbors
with a bigger tractor. I just held on and gave it a bit more throttle.
miraculously pulled through, no damage except to the field. That same
afternoon I saw a fellow not so lucky. They had to unhook the drill to
get the tractor out, then run chains back to get the drill.

John Hall