[AT] Tractors and other stuff...

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 11 12:08:17 PST 2016

On 12/11/2016 1:40 PM, John Hall wrote:
> I really think the problem is supply and demand--too many running
> machines and no demand. I can take you 15 minutes up the road to a
> running Belle City thresher, hasn't been used in about 8-10 years, prior
> to that it was ran for 15 straight.  Then there are 2 more "locally"
> that are shed kept, running when parked decades ago. If a thresher was
> running when last used and has been kept dry, all you need are 4 good
> tires and make a set of belts and you should be back in business. We'll
> give it a little while to sell before it gets sent to a scrapyard.
I have both my grandfather's threshers here still. A Nichols and
Shepherd Red River Special
and a Huber. Neither of them have ever seen the inside of a shed in my
lifetime, or probably
since new. The wood is rough on some parts but that galvanized steel
just lasts forever.
I doubt I'll ever use them but I'll never send them for scrap iron either.

Ralph in Sask.